Prayer is not a simple transaction between us and God. It is not a simple we ask, God gives. NOT Instant. We need to be persistent. Prayer is a long battle of which we are already assured of the victory. We just need to follow through with the death stroke.
official tsunami warnings: http://www.weather.gov/ptwc/text.php?id=pacific.2011.03.11.064306
look at each picture on this webpage and pray! http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/03/earthquake-in-japan/100022/
A 8.9 earthquake has hit Japan, but this earthquake was situated 231 miles offshore of Tokyo, triggering a 33 foot tsunami that hit Japan, which also means that tsunami warnings are out for pretty much THE WHOLE PACIFIC RIM. this includes Korea, Taiwan, Russia, and China and as far south as the Philippines, Guam, Indonesia, and Hawaii, etc., and east to North and South America. The tsunami comes in waves, that recede, come again, recede, so we must pray against the energy in those waves. There has already been much grief and loss of property. We must pray! And we must help and assist as much as we can.
This earthquake is hundreds of times greater than Haiti’s earthquake! pray!!!
Multiple aftershocks in the 6.0 to 7.0 range have been hitting Japan. pray!
************Pray for people to come to know Christ!**********
1. Pray for divine intervention. Pray for God’s mercy on this land. Pray for God to send His angels to guard homes and families, direct the waters away. Pray especially for the cars driving around, that they can escape to safety. Pray for victory in the spiritual realm, faith not fear, perseverance, not panic. Pray for more people to pray (bible passages below).
2. Pray for the waters to calm down. for the tsunami waves to calm down, for the energy to dissipate. Pray against aftershocks, pray for the earth to be still. Pray against fires, pray against gas leaks, etc.
3. Pray for specific details, the names of the places hit, the people involved, the skyrise buildings, the bridges, the apartment buildings, the small homes. pray specifically for structural damage. be as detailed as you can be. look at the images on the TV screen, and pray specifically for them and the ones you can’t see!
- PRAY FOR MINIMAL DEATH TOLL AND DAMAGE!!!!!!!
- Pray for the nuclear reactors. Pray for the coolant to arrive speedily from the US to help Japan. Pray for the reactors to settle, be calm. There has been an explosion. Pray that there will not be a meltdown. Pray for God’s presence and ministering angels to be with the workers as they work quickly to shut this problem down. Pray for endurance, quick skill, and no obstacles.
- Pray for power to be restored, so that people can move about in safety, rescue efforts can proceed more quickly.
- Pray for people to be able to escape the submerged cars, pray for calmness.
- Pray for the windows to open and the doors to open and that they would be able to escape their cars and get to safety.
- Pray that people can move to higher ground right now for all those countries expecting the tsunami to hit.
- Pray for speed and quickness of feet.
- Pray for places that people can get to safely.
- Pray for people to be able to call each other and notify each other of the coming tsunami waves.
- Pray for the fire that has just broken out in oil refinery in the Chiba prefecture in the Ichinara area.
- Pray for the several airports in the area are shut down including Tokyo Narita and Haneda
- Pray for the flooded airport runway in Sendai, pray that people got away to safety.
- Pray for the cars toppled over the bridges and the people within
- Pray against traffic jams, pray for cars to be able to move and head for safety all over japan
- Pray for the tokyo metro system
- Pray for the four coastal trains that the transportation officials have lost contact with.
- Pray that people who are trapped have the wits to not panic but find means to indicate to rescuers their presence with white flags, etc.
4. Pray for weather conditions, that they are favorable for rescuing.
Job 37:11-12 (NIV): God’s authority over our weather
11 He loads the clouds with moisture;
he scatters his lightning through them.
12 At his direction they swirl around
over the face of the whole earth
to do whatever he commands them.
5. Pray for the government, military, firefighters, police, rescue teams, helicopters, fire trucks, other equipment and other volunteers, all the doctors, nurses, and medical assistants.
- Pray for their training to really kick in and kick butt
- Pray for confidence
- Pray for strength from on high
- Pray for stamina and adrenaline
- Pray for endurance in basic bodily needs: water, rest, health.
- Pray for strategic wisdom, discernment, and skillful sudden decision making.
- Pray for safety and mechanical victory in the helicopters, and other equipment
- Pray for courage
- Pray for unity
- Pray for the doctors, to respond quickly with skill and with the resources they need.
- Pray against serious injury, pray for bleeding to be stopped.
- Pray for enough medicine and medical resources.
- Pray for enough skilled people for this emergency situation.
- Pray for the military to respond quickly and efficiently
- Pray for supplies to be flown in
- Pray especially for the American military coming in to assist aid, such as the Blue Ridge navyship arriving from Singapore with supplies. Pray that the supplies will get to the right hands quickly.
- Pray for the government leaders to respond quickly and efficiently, especially for Japan’s prime minister.
- Pray for wisdom, discernment and quick decision making. They are imperfect humans and pray that they will seek God to give them the help they need to make the right decisions.
- Pray for the disaster committee that the japanese prime minister is heading up!
6. Pray for residents and evacuees
- Pray especially for the sick, young, and elderly.
- Pray for faith and God’s calming presence
- Pray that Satan would not incite more fear, panic, despair, negativity, etc.
7. Pray against Satan’s schemes and his own kingdom plan.
- Pray against looters and other hooligans who take advantage of this situation.
- Pray against internet charity scams.
8. Pray for God to be glorified and His kingdom come, His will done on this earth as it is in heaven.
- Pray that the church will rise up and pray. That even if we have little faith, that we have the desire to pray and trust that our prayers can move mountains because our power is not our own, it is the power of the Holy Spirit, the resurrection power of Christ, of miracles, of wonders.
- Pray that the church in Japan will be strong and know that we stand together with them in solidarity and unity.
- Pray that the Christians will not feel lost and alone, or lose faith that a disaster has happened to them, but understand that this is a time to cry out to God, because disasters are normal in this imperfect world.
9. Keep praying, never stop praying. Keep praying.
10. PRAISE GOD!!! Keep praising, worshiping, and declaring His sovereignty and glory.
Mark 4:39: 39 “He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.”
“You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves rise, you still them.” (Psalm 89:9 ESV)
”God is our refuge and strength,
an ever present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging…”